Don't Quit
When things go wrong as they sometimes will;
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill;
When the funds are low, and the debts are high;
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh;
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Success is failure turned inside out;
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
And you can never tell how close you are;
It may be near when it seems afar.
So, stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
It's when things go wrong that you mustn't quit.

My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny – Elaine Maxwell

Friday, December 18, 2009

Mnemonic - The Reactivity / Electrochemical Series

The suggestable mnemonic for the Reactivity Series is :
Please Send Camels, Monkeys And CARBON Zebras with HYDROGEN In Tom's Large Containers of Solid Gold


Please (Potassium)
Send (Sodium)
Camels (Calcium)
Monkeys (Magnesium)
And (Aluminium)
CARBON
Zebras with (Zinc)
HYDROGEN
In (Iron)
Tom's (Tin)
Large (Lead)
Containers 0f (Copper)
Solid (Silver)
Gold

Whereas, for the Electrochemical Series, the suggestable mnemonic is :
Please Send Camels, Monkeys And Zebras In Tom's Large HYDROGEN Containers of Solid Gold

The reactivity series and the electrochemical series are quite similar except for the addition of carbon element and different position of hydrogen element in the reactivity series. Therefore, it is advisable for you to just memorised carbon and hydrogen at heart.

8 comments:

  1. thank u so much cikgu for the idea...i might use this for my thesis...thehehehe....hope u dont mind...=))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the position of carbon in electrochemical series?

    ReplyDelete
  3. shit and rubbish got my question wrong for my gcse one mark away from a a star Muppet

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE POEM PRESENT AT THE TOP OF THIS WEB PAGE IS AWESOME!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does not cover all the elements of electrochemical series

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does not cover all the elements of electrochemical series

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does not cover all the elements of electrochemical series

    ReplyDelete